Blockbusters Game Template

Hello guys,

I created a template for a Blockbusters game. I made this ages ago, when I was still teaching in England, and I haven't thought about it in ages. Today an American colleague mentioned Blockbusters - he didn't know that it was a TV programme - and that reminded me about this.



I've just uploaded it to TES: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/resource-12691866  


Remember to "enable macros" when you open it up. There are instructions on the first sheet. Hopefully what I have written makes sense. There's also a link to an episode of Blockbusters from 1992 which is good for a laugh.


I think this could be useful for Maths teachers and muggles alike - it can be used for revision of terminology / vocabulary, so it potentially could be used for any subject which requires the use of specific language.


What I don't have for you, yet, is any pre-made boards with questions and answers already classroom-ready. If you wonderful people were to use this tool and create question-answer lists and were happy to share them, it would be nice to be able to share them all in the same place. What's the best way to do that? Any ideas? Please tweet me or leave a comment on this page if you know how we could easily upload, share and organise question-answer sets for revision for different subjects, topics, etc. I'll set it up.


If you have any suggestions to improve how to use this tool, or how this tool could be made better, please reply here or tweet me.

------- update -------

I've made some improvements. There were some things which were annoying about version 1:

- the hexagons fit together better so its not as annoying
- now the tiles shuffle when the board sets up
- the instructions are on separate sheets
- there is space for questions and answers
- edge tiles are not selectable any more so they are not annoying
- improved buttons

I've created a boards for A-level Mechanics M1 vocab, and I've started a Heros & Villians Quotes board, but its jot quite finished.

Any suggestions for improving the game, please get in touch.

If you use this template and you are happy with it, let's share it with the world - I can help if you get in touch.



Cheers,

C

Comments

Popular Posts